Musty Basement Smell Explained
The Musty Basement Smell is a sign of a greater problem
- You can’t have a healthy home with a musty basement smell
- A healthy home needs a healthy basement, you can’t have one without the other
- The main house is above ground and has plenty of air circulation from the windows and doors being opened and closed each day
- The musty basement smell is of major concern because it affects the health of all the residents in the home
- Dryness is paramount of a healthy basement
How do I know if I have mold?
- Trust your senses. If something smells funny or bad there is a reason for it. The nose knows.
- That musty basement smell is a giveaway that something is wrong. If you think you have a mold problem, you probably do.
- Mold spores and bacteria cultures that form on wet surfaces can expose serious health problems to you and your family.
- You can’t stop the musty basement smell unless you control the water and the moisture.
- Once the wet basement is under control deal with the water vapor and humidity
- To remove the water vapor and humidity in the basement a ventilation system is required
- A ventilation system will replace the air in the basement with fresher air from the upper floors
- Ventilation is necessary to maintaining good Indoor Air Quality and eliminating that musty basement smell
The EZ Breathe Ventilation System removes musty basement smell
When it comes to removing indoor air pollution and humidity you need a ventilation system that works year round. The EZ Breathe Ventilation System is a whole house ventilation system that expels the dampest, most humid & contaminated air from your basement to the outside. It replaces the air in the basement with fresher air from the upper floors four to six times per day automatically with no bucket to empty or filter to replace. This will improve the overall IAQ in the basement and the entire home.
Contact the Professionals at EZ Breathe Ventilation System Today! 866-822-7328
We are a 2nd generation family owned and operated business that has been working in homes with basements and crawl spaces for over 35 years. We have been waterproofing and sealing about 500 foundations a month during that time as the largest Waterproofing contractor in the Midwest with 15 locations servicing 8 states.
20 years ago we would seal a foundation and recommend a standard dehumidifier to address the additional water vapor (humidity in the air) inherently found in below grade environments, such as basements and crawlspaces. Back then, dehumidifiers were the industry standard to help with this problem. However, many of our customers were looking to us as the “foundation expert”, asking…
“What else do you have? I really am not getting results with this messy, expensive dehumidifier. My foundation is dry, walls are dry, floor is dry, so why does it still smell and feel like a basement?”
We needed to find something better. Our company’s core values include offering world class customer service to every customer, every time. So, we challenged our Research and Development department to find a real solution for our customers to combat not only the moisture, but also the odors, pollutants and unhealthy environment our customers were concerned about. We found, tested and installed a ventilation product for a period of three years. We private labeled that product as the EZ Breathe Ventilation System. The feedback in those first three years from our customers, as well as our installation crews, did not live up to the standard of quality to be included in our waterproofing process that offered a life time warranty. Once again, we needed something better.
We valued not only the results, but what we were learning from our customers. So, we went back to the drawing board, took matters into our own hands and made quality improvements to that first generation ventilation unit.
Our own EZ Breathe Ventilation System was born…reengineered, redesigned and much improved! We quickly learned that our crews were thrilled with the quality improvements, ease of operation and installation, but more importantly, our waterproofing customers loved the new, improved EZ Breathe unit as well.
Their feedback told us the air in their basements and crawlspaces felt better, but their entire home was benefiting from their EZ Breathe as well. We received countless letters thanking us because their whole house felt different, less odors, fresher air upstairs too, family members were feeling better, needing less allergy medicine, husbands were no longer snoring, children were no longer coughing as much, the home and it’s family were living healthier lives!
It was time for us to move beyond simply offering this innovative technology to just our waterproofing customers. Our passion and commitment to helping people improve their indoor air environments is what drove us to incorporate EZ Breathe Ventilation Systems as an independent company in 2003. We strongly believe that homeowners everywhere deserve a healthy indoor air quality.
We have spent the last 15 years dedicated to learning about the relationship between our home and our health; indoor air quality, the home as a system, building science and how it relates to indoor air quality as well as the challenges our modern day practices pose to the quality of air we breathe in our homes.