Remove Mold and Moisture From Your Home
It is common for mold to grow in a home. Mold growth is more rapid in areas with high levels of moisture. High indoor humidity, water leaks, flooding and condensation are all situations that increase the growth of mold.
Some common places within a home for mold to grow include:
- Basements: Moisture seepage causes mold on walls, floors, carpeting and other materials that are stored in the basement.
- Crawlspaces: Cross ventilation of humid air through a cooler space or complete lack of ventilation can cause condensation. Dirt floors allow moisture and unwanted gas to enter the building envelope.
- Bathrooms: Moisture causes mold on shower walls, ceramic tiles, and fiberglass. The proper use of exhaust fans can help with bathroom mold growth.
- Laundry Rooms: Damp towels, wet clothing and drying clothes without a vent can cause mold growth.
- Kitchens: Boiling water often using no exhaust fan can cause mold to grow. Mold is also common in automatic defrosting refrigerator pans.
- Closets: Storing damp or dirty clothing can cause mold growth.
- Behind Furniture: Lack of ventilation, darkness, warmth and dampness can cause mold growth.
Some common signs of mold in a home include a musty odor and the discoloration of surfaces. Mold can cause surfaces to change color to white, green, brown, black or orange. It is important to pay attention to these warning signs since mold can lead to a home’s structural damage as well as produce allergens, irritants and in some cases- potentially toxic substances. Removing moisture from a home is the first step in preventing mold growth. The E·Z Breathe ventilation system removes excess moisture from a home, improves the air quality and helps prevent the formation of harmful, damaging mold. Furthermore, it also exhausts mold spores and MVOCs, the gas that mold generates (which is what you smell).
Check out this great resource about how to remove mold in your home at the EZ Breathe Resource Center.
Breathe Easy At Home with E-Z Breathe Learn How It Works